Assistant District Manager I –
Responsible for maintaining and managing the day-to-day bookkeeping operations, while assisting with customer service and resident relations of a multi-family residential community. This position also includes assisting with the supervision of on-site personnel. This role requires effective customer service skills, the ability to work efficiently and effectively and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housing’s quality customer satisfaction standards.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities (but not limited to)
• Directly responsible for the bookkeeping of the community, including paying bills, creating and receiving purchase orders, change orders, processing of A/P, A/R, delinquencies, collections, and invoicing.
• Responsible for assisting the District Manager with the community budget and achievement of operational and financial goals. • May assist District Manager with various duties, including training, coaching and supervision of office staff. • Responsible for the collection of outstanding rents, prepares and sends delinquency and balance due letters to residents.
• Maintains accurate records of all bookkeeping transactions; Adjusts ledgers, prepares / reconciles delinquency reports, verifies/ adjusts BAH, submits write-off packages.
• Assists District Manager in preparation of monthly financial accounting reports and explanation of budget variances.
• Assists with the auditing and processing of move outs, transfers, etc., ensuring accuracy and timely input.
• Ensures current resident files are properly maintained and all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
• Provides constant vendor/contractor communications concerning billing and invoicing.
• Promotes positive resident relations by ensuring resident concerns and requests are responded to on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction.
• Assists incoming residents / potential residents with housing and community information.
• Participates in outreach marketing activities (i.e. market surveys, shop competitors) on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
• Assists and mentors Customer Service Representatives and other office staff with duties and resident relations.
• Performs other general office duties, i.e. phones, filing, special projects and assignments, as needed.
• Performs various administrative and computer tasks, email communications, input of information/data into various software and information systems (Payscan, Yardi, and other company-related systems.)
• Composing and distributing of correspondence / notices (rent collections, violation notices, reminders, community events, etc.).
• May participate in property walks / inspections (grounds, common areas, parking lots, community rooms, makereadies, quality control, etc.) to ensure the community is well maintained according to LMH’s quality standards.
• Participates and attend various department or regional meetings, seminars, or work-related events.
• Complies with all federal, state and local applicable laws, including Fair Housing, OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment, and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
• Position requires 2 or more years of residential property management or administrative/ bookkeeping experience.
• Proficiency and working knowledge of personal computers, keyboard, internet search and email correspondence, math, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and other software applications preferred (i.e. Yardi, Payscan).
• Fair Housing certification, if not certified, must be obtained within 2 weeks of employment.
• Effective communication and interaction with management team, military partners, co-workers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and complete assigned duties to ensure operational objectives are achieved.
• Must possess a positive and professional demeanour in all interactions, under all circumstances.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid license required)
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, off-hours and emergencies as required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
• Position may require climbing stairs and ladders, walking and standing for long periods of time.
• The position requires mobility within the office; operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a scanner and copy machine.
• Must be able to deal with a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment, including handling multiple tasks on a daily basis.
• May require use of personal or company vehicle, or electrical cart.
• Must be able to fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.