Porter / Groundskeeper-Performs routine cleaning and upkeep of grounds, buildings, amenities and surrounding areas in a multifamily residential community. Operates tools, machinery and other equipment to complete tasks in an efficient manner. This role requires the ability to effectively communicate, perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housing’s quality customer satisfaction standards...
Essential Duties include (but not limited to):
• With general guidance and direction, performs routine cleaning and maintenance of grounds, amenities, building exteriors district office, pool and recreation areas, parking lots and other areas surrounding the community.
• Remove trash from grounds, office areas, homes and surrounding community perimeter on a daily basis.
• Details interior and exterior areas on a regular basis using general cleaning tools and equipment (i.e. broom, mop, vacuum, rake or blower to keep entry areas, sidewalks, streets and walking areas clean of debris, dust, leaves and brush).
• May help with snow shovelling (where applicable) of sidewalks and other main entry areas.
• Assist in the preparation of make ready units including removal of trash from vacant homes (trash outs), touch up paint, and general cleaning prior to make-ready.
• Assists with various physical tasks as directed; carrying and removal of abandoned furniture, tools, appliances, and other equipment.
• Assists with repairs, replacement and installation of window and door screens, lightbulb and other fixtures.
• Helps clean and maintain storage and shop areas.
• Assists maintenance technicians when needed.
• May perform minor interior and exterior touch up painting/caulking.
• Cleans air conditioning vents, replaces air filters, and smoke detectors.
• Performs any additional routine cleaning / maintenance on property as requested as needed or directed.
• Report any maintenance concerns for repairs on homes, community and/or common areas to management.
• Demonstrates the appropriate and safe use of standard hand and power tools, equipment and machinery.
• Participates in and attends various department or regional meetings, resident or community events, seminars, and other work-related events.
• Complies with all OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
• Understands and follows safe work practices for all trades, including but not limited to: Lockout Tag-out, Confined Space Entry, use of hazardous chemicals, use of Personal Protective Equipment, Ladder Safety, and working from Elevated Surfaces. Performs any additional routine maintenance on property as requested by supervisor.
Typical responsibilities include: Frequent walking and monitoring of upkeep and cleanliness of grounds, district office and clubhouse, fitness room, restrooms, pool and recreation areas, restrooms and surrounding areas of the community.
• Entry level to 6 months of general custodial/ maintenance experience. • Beginning level understanding of grounds maintenance.
• Ability to use hand and power tools and cleaning equipment applicable to job requirements.
• Communication and effective interaction with co-workers, managers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
• Ability to operate motor vehicle (valid license required)
• Basic computer skills preferred. (PC / mobile device)
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
• Ability to independently lift/carry supplies or equipment up to 65 lbs. • Frequent reaching, stooping, bending and kneeling.
• Extensive walking and standing.
• Ability to climb up and down stairs/ ladders.
• Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
• May require use of personal or company vehicle, or electrical cart.
• Must be willing to work indoor/outdoor environments, in all weather conditions, and potentially hazardous conditions.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, off-hours and emergencies as required.
• Must be able to fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.