Service Technician II- Performs general and specialized maintenance and repairs in a multi-family residential community. Operates building systems and related equipment and tools to complete tasks to Lincoln Military Housing’s quality standards. This role requires the ability to effectively communicate, perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housing’s quality customer satisfaction standards.
Essential Duties include (but not limited to):
With limited guidance, troubleshoots and performs routine maintenance, installation and repairs on a variety of building systems and appliances, including, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpentry, appliance repair and electrical.
• Applies proficient skills in two or more of the following trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, appliance repair, etc. to ensure quality maintained homes and community.
• With limited direction, performs installations, service repairs, and preventative maintenance tasks, in homes, common areas, grounds and community.
• With limited direction, completes resident-requested repairs and services within the required time frame (24 hours).
• Completes all assigned maintenance work on vacant homes within LMH standards.
• Performs On-call service requests and emergency calls.
• Participates in routine inspections (including QC, move in, preventative maintenance, machinery, appliance, etc.).
• Performs general maintenance and cleaning of common areas, maintenance shop, etc.
• Maintains and updates all assigned service requests using Yardi Mobile until assignment is completed and closed.
• Reports any maintenance concerns for repairs on homes, community and/or common areas to supervisor.
• Demonstrates the appropriate and safe use of standard hand and power tools, equipment and machinery.
• Participates in and attends various department or regional meetings, resident or community events, seminars, and other work-related events.
• Complies with all OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
• Understands and follows safe work practices for all trades, including but not limited to: Lockout Tag-out, Confined Space Entry, use of hazardous chemicals, use of Personal Protective Equipment, Ladder Safety, and working from Elevated Surfaces.
Typical responsibilities include: Troubleshoot, repair and install new electrical fixtures, switches, breakers, and receptacles; Prepare and finish all interior and exterior surfaces; move, install, replace household appliances; install, repair, and replace drywall, counters and cabinetry.
Two or more years related experience required.
• Intermediate level understanding and experience in the following basic trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpet care, appliance repair.
• Certifications preferred HVAC and EPA.
• Communication and effective interaction with co-workers, managers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
• Advanced skills regarding the operation of small hand and electrical tools, basic electrical, carpentry, painting and small machinery repair.
• Extensive knowledge of appliances.
• Basic computer skills (able to operate mobile device, PC).
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid license required).
• Must be available regular on-call work assignments/ emergency calls and work scheduled off-hours and emergency overtime as required.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
• Ability to independently lift/carry supplies or equipment up to 65 lbs.
• Frequent reaching, stooping, bending and kneeling.
• Extensive walking and standing.
• Ability to climb up and down stairs/ ladders.
• May require use of personal or company vehicle, or electrical cart.
• Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
• Must be willing to work indoor/outdoor environments, in all weather conditions, and potentially hazardous conditions.
• Must be able to fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.