Service Technician I - Responsible for performing routine maintenance and repairs in a multifamily residential community. Operates building systems and related equipment and tools to complete tasks to Lincoln Military Housing’s quality standards and resident’s satisfaction. This role requires the ability to effectively communicate, perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housing’s quality customer satisfaction standards
Essential Duties include (but not limited to):
• With general guidance, performs routine maintenance and repairs on a variety of building systems and appliances including electrical, plumbing, painting, appliance repair and HVAC, etc.
• Applies basic skills in two or more of the following trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpet care, general appliance repair, etc. to ensure quality maintained homes and community.
• Performs routine service repairs, and preventative maintenance of all aspects, in homes, common areas, grounds and community.
• With general direction, completes resident-requested repairs and service within the required time frame (24 hours).
• Completes all assigned maintenance work on vacant homes within LMH standards.
• Performs On-call service requests and emergency calls.
• May participate in routine inspections (including QC, move in, preventative maintenance, machinery, appliance, etc.).
• Performs general maintenance and cleaning of common areas, maintenance shop, trash removal, snow removal, if applicable).
• Reports any maintenance concerns for repairs on homes, community and/or common areas to supervisor.
• Maintains and updates all assigned service requests using Yardi Mobile until assignment is completed and closed.
• Demonstrates the appropriate and safe use of standard hand and power tools, equipment and machinery.
• Complies with all OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
• Understands and follows safe work practices for all trades, including but not limited to: Lockout Tag-out, Confined Space Entry, use of hazardous chemicals, use of Personal Protective Equipment, Ladder Safety, and working from Elevated Surfaces. Typical responsibilities include: Replace A/C filter, replace screens, unclog drains, replace lamps; prepare and paint walls, ceilings and trim; Test function of all appliances, install doors and hardware.
• One or more years’ related maintenance experience preferred.
• Beginning level understanding or experience in two or more basic trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpet care, appliance repair.
• Working knowledge of appliances.
• Competent skills regarding the operation of small hand and electrical tools, basic electrical, carpentry, painting and small machinery repair.
• Effectively communicate and interact with co-workers, managers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give or receive work direction.
• Basic computer skills (able to operate mobile device, PC).
• Must be available regular on-call work assignments/ emergency calls and work scheduled off-hours and emergency overtime as required.
• Ability to operate motor vehicle (valid license required).
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
• Ability to independently lift/carry supplies or equipment up to 65 lbs. • Frequent reaching, stooping, bending and kneeling.
• Extensive walking and standing.
• Ability to climb up and down stairs/ ladders.
• May require use of personal or company vehicle, or electrical cart.
• Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, chemicals, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. May required use of snow
• Must be willing to work indoor/outdoor environments, in all weather conditions, and potentially hazardous conditions.
• Must be able to fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.