Maintenance Supervisor III - Responsible for managing the maintenance operations for a large multi-family residential community. This individual will supervise and direct maintenance, grounds and housekeeping personnel in the repair and maintenance of HVAC, electrical and mechanical systems, plumbing, and cleaning and maintaining of grounds and common areas of the community. This position is responsible for effectively leading a large team of maintenance personnel to perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housing’s quality customer satisfaction standards
Essential Duties / Responsibilities (but not limited to)
• Plan, schedule, and supervise the maintenance staff in the performance of their daily activities including: maintenance, installation and repairs, service requests, turns, cleaning of grounds and common areas.
• Hire, train, and develop maintenance staff and ensure company policies, procedures and safety practices are applied.
• Conduct regular safety inspections of the property, correct any unsafe practice or situation and train all maintenance staff in the correct handling of chemicals, supplies and equipment.
• Participates in various department or regional meetings and community events, leads safety and department meetings with staff members.
• Coordinate with vendors and contractors installation, maintenance and repair work.
• Maintain budget for department; ensure all projects and scheduling falls within budgetary guidelines.
• Prepare specifications for major planned projects, negotiate and/or solicit bids with contractors and vendors. Inspect the work of vendors for quality and conformance to specifications and cost requirements.
• Purchase / order maintenance supplies, materials and appliances in an efficient and cost effective manner. Ensure inventory is appropriately stocked and maintained.
• Ensure Service Requests are appropriately assigned and completed by team within required time frame. .
• Ensure Make-readies and other maintenance projects are completed accurately and timely according to LMH’s quality standards.
• Maintains and updates all assigned service requests using Yardi Mobile until assignment is completed and closed.
• Ability to troubleshoot and train maintenance staff on various items related to specific trades (e.g., thermocouples, motors, boiler controls, fire alarms, plumbing valves, fixtures, water lines, alarms, locks, new and renovated construction) for the purpose of assessing item functioning and recommending repair or replacement.
• Conduct regular safety inspections of the property, correct any unsafe practices or situations and ensure all maintenance staff is trained on safety practices including correct handling of chemicals, supplies and equipment.
• Must adhere to all company safety policies and ensure that all employees work in a safe and secure environment.
• Must comply with all OSHA safety regulations, federal, state and local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment, including LMH’s standard operating procedures and policies.
• Position requires a minimum of 5 years’ related maintenance experience, property management experience preferred.
• Proven ability to supervise and lead a large team.
• Advanced level of understanding and experience in the following basic trades: electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpet care, appliance repair.
• Certifications preferred HVAC and EPA.
• Effective communication and interaction with management team, military partners, subordinates, vendors or residents, sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
• Expert skills regarding the operation of small hand and electrical tools, basic electrical, carpentry, painting and small machinery repair.
• Basic computer skills (able to operate mobile device, PC).
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid license required).
• Must be available for regular on-call work assignments/ emergency calls and work scheduled off-hours and emergency overtime as required.
? This position has Supervisory Responsibilities
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
• Ability to independently lift/carry supplies or equipment up to 65 lbs.
• Frequent reaching, stooping, bending and kneeling.
• Extensive walking and standing.
• Ability to climb up and down stairs/ ladders.
• May require use of personal or company vehicle, or electrical cart.
• Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, chemicals, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
• Must be willing to work indoor/outdoor environments, in all weather conditions, and potentially hazardous conditions.
• Must be able to fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.